Friday, December 30, 2016

God's Sovereign Plans and Purposes

It's amazing and wonderful to consider the sovereign plans and purposes of God. His Word teaches us that events in our lives are ordained or appointed beforehand and predetermined. Scripture says,  “Whatever has happened was foreordained, and what happens to a person was also foreknown.” (Eccl 6:10a, NET)

“Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psa 139:16, NIV)

God told Jeremiah that before He formed Him in the womb He knew him and ordained to be a prophet to the nation. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jer 1:3, NIV).

God knows about everything before it happens. He says, “I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.” (Is 46:10a, NIV).

His purpose will stand. “I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.” (Is 46:10b, NIV).

God is sovereign, and He is ultimately in control. Even things we would consider chance or fate are under His control. “The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the LORD.”  (Pro 16:33)

His will is supreme. It is the very highest and best for our lives, and that is what we should seek. 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.” (Mat 6:10)

God has a purpose for each one of our lives. “The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.” (Pro 16:4)

He is the one who fulfills His purposes in each of our lives. “The LORD will fulfill His purposes for me.” (Ps 138:8a, NIV)

“For the one bringing forth in you both the desire and the effort – for the sake of His good pleasure – is God.” (Phil 2:13, NET)

To those who love Him and are called according to His purpose, He causes all things to work together for good. “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (Rom 8:28)

Those who are chosen have been predestined according to His purpose, and He works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will. “Also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will…” (Eph 1:11)

God has a plan for everyone’s life and He directs our steps. “The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” (Pro 16:9).

There is no use trying to resist the will and plan of God. “There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.” (Pr 21:30, NIV).

In Angels on Assignment, a pastor named Roland Buck received a visitation from angel Gabriel. “After a few words of comfort, Gabriel seemed to speak direct words from God in the first person. ‘The Lord speaks now to you. All your life forces are in me. Your drives, your talents, your skills, as you commit yourself, wholly, even your potential springs from me. Bring these words to the world. I have loved you, cared for you, yes, I have planned your steps, and when you would yield, have directed your path. Your successes come from me, your wealth has come from my hand. Your creative skills, your abilities to succeed are because of me. Because of your failure to recognize me and walk in my ways, you have limited the Lord your God, your lives have been restricted so that you have not known the potential of your life. As you make Him Lord of all, He will also be Lord of what you can be, not only of what you are (Exodus 31:1-6).’”

When brother Roland was in the throne room one time, God showed him that He has a file for everyone. He wrote:

“Then God said I could ask questions! My mind was whirling! How does a human ask questions of God? It was so awesome being in his presence I could hardly think. Finally a thought came into my mind to find out whether or not he actually made individual plans for each and every life…”

“In answer to my question, God let me see the vastness of his heavenly archives! My head swam! There was no way my finite mind could understand how God could keep track of these files. There must be billions of them! He said, ‘Since you are overwhelmed by this, and it staggers you, let me pull out one that you can relate to.’ And he immediately pulled out mine! He would not let me see the contents of it, but mentioned a few of the future items listed which I could use as confirmation of this visit.”

I hope this has encouraged you to know that God has a plan and purpose for your life. He loves you and has a file in His heavenly archives with the contents of your life, including the future events that have yet to happen. He has a blueprint for your life. All your days were written in His book before one of them came to pass. He is sovereign. Remember that no matter what happens, God is in control. Seek to do His will. Submit your will to His and watch Him fulfill all the wonderful things He wants to do in and through you. It all begins with repenting and giving your life to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB. Others taken from the NET Bible and The Holy Bible, New International Version. Excerpts taken from Angels on Assignment by Charles and Frances Hunter. Majestic Sunset painting by my daughter, Charity Lacroix. You can find more of her lovely artwork at A Brush with Life.

Author's note: If you enjoyed this post, I also recommend reading Walking in the Perfect Will of God, Supremacy of Christ, The Scripture Must Be Fulfilled, If -- A Picture Paints a Thousand Words, Should you fear the Lord?, Holy Fire Baptism, Costly Grace, Drifting Away, The Lord Healed My Backsliding, The Truth Set Me Free!, Is Obedience Optional?, The Cost of Discipleship, The Love of Jesus, Aim for Perfection, Living a Life Worthy of the Lord, Holding Fast the Faithful Word, Ask for the Ancient Paths, The Top Ten Things Jesus Taught, The Apostasy Parables, and Salvation with Fear and Trembling. See the Home page of this blog for more of my articles about Seeking the Lord. You can also find my complete collection of blogs at Writing for the Master.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"

_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are going to comment and you want it to be published, do not write in ALL CAPS, and use clear English. All comments will be evaluated before publishing. If they are of a hateful, belligerent, or vicious nature, they will not be posted.